I picked out a couple stamp plates to try, and decided to do a semi-patriotic theme on my thumbs. I used Pure Ice - Mint Dream for the base coat. Then, I used Bon Bon Red and Blue for all the stampings. The thumbs have red stripes with blue stars. The other fingers have random flowers and hearts. This was my first ever stamp attempt, so it's not the greatest. It was a learning experience.
What I learned:
- Don't be afraid to really push hard with the stamper. You have to in order to get the edge of the nail stamped.
- Sometimes, you have to swipe a couple directions with the scraper before picking up the stamp.
- You can put too many stamps on one nail. :)
- Using the full finger plates will require a bit of clean-up afterwards.


Also, don't put your fingers on the table to stamp. Hold them up in the air. When you press them on the table, it's harder to get a good stamp.
ReplyDelete