Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Dry Marble and Dotting

A while back, I tried the water marble technique, but it didn't work out so well for me.  So when I read about doing the marble without the water, I was all in.  What I did:
  1. Get a plastic baggie.
  2. Paint stripes closely of the different colors on the baggie.
  3. Use a bobby pin end to "swirl" the colors together.
  4. Wait until dry.
  5. Peel off baggie with tweezers.  (If it's too thin, put top coat on it to thicken.)
  6. Put base coat on nail.
  7. While base coat is still tacky, place peeled marble piece on top and press down.
  8. I used a cuticle scraper to "cut" it out around the edge of the nail.
  9. Remove excess marble.
  10. Apply top coat.
It was pretty easy to do, but took me a couple tries to get the swirl to look nice.




The other nails I tried to do dotting using a bobby pin. 

  1. Put a small area of top coat on the baggie.  
  2. Draw a picture with the bobby pin dipped in nail polish.
  3. Add a layer of top coat.  
  4. Wait until dry, and trim with scissors or cuticle scraper or razor.
  5. Peel off baggie.
  6. Apply base coat, color, and top coat to nails.
  7. While top coat is still tacky, place drawing on nail.
  8. Press down to remove any air pockets.
  9. Add a layer of top coat.
All in all, this went pretty well.  I wasn't very careful because I knew it was coming off the next day when I got a manicure for a wedding I was in.


No comments:

Post a Comment