Thursday, August 30, 2012

Glue Base Coat

Saw a tutorial on using glue as a base coat, so that you can just peel it off when you are ready to change.  It's supposed to make removing glitter a lot easier.  I had other new colors to try today, but used the glue base anyways.

Peel Off Base

The only glue I had handy was Elmer's Craft Bond Fabric and Paper Glue.  It claims to remain flexible after dry, so I'm not sure how well it will work.  I did 1 coat of that, 2 coats of Funky Fingers Like Clockwork, 1 coat of Funky Fingers Teal Scales Crackle, and topped it with Essie Matte About You.  Just have to wait and see how this glue holds up.

2 comments:

  1. So how did the glue work? I have been meaning to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Fabric & Craft glue didn't work well. But, the next time I used regular old Elmer's glue and it did pretty well. I had it on for several days without any issues. I ran into trouble when I cleaned the house with no gloves on. But I can ruin any manicure like that. With the regular Elmer's, I had some bigger glitter. The whole manicure peeled right off. No nail polish remover needed! So I guess I would do it again when using glitter, but maybe not with just a regular nail job.

    ReplyDelete